Pages

Monday, April 02, 2012

It's Like Playing With Playdough

I have to say that I absolutely LOVE fondant, but the real question is does it love me back?
I'm pretty good at making flowers and such but when I have to wing it and get creative I always question myself.
It's like playing with playdough and to be honest, as a child, I really sucked at it.
So, for inspiration, I threw on one of my fave shirts from Johnny Cupcakes (I wish good old Johnny would pay me in tops every time I mentioned his shirts of awesomeness) and away I went!




So, I'm preparing for some Easter cupcakes that I'll be making Thursday by creating carrots out of fondant. They will be apple pie flavoured with maple cream cheese frosting. Eat your heart out ladies and gents. I've made them before and they are the bomb digity (did I just say that?)!
I'm also preparing some Hello Kitty fondant creations for my bff's daughter who loves loves loves Hello Kitty (and sadly so do I...don't judge me). So, I'm gonna make her a little surprise!



Wacky looking carrots! I know!


So after that I really had to sit down and rest (ya right), out came Bella from the washroom and somehow got ahold of a face cloth (where she got it is still a mystery). This dog will out run you like nobody's business. If you catch her it's cause she's letting you.





I also want to prove another point at how obsessed I am with cupcakes.
I bought this awesome collar for Bella from Addison Logan. She sells and hand makes all these amazing dog collars and she had the most amazing sale recently. So my little Bella cakes had to have it! She's a spoiled little *beep*!


Yes she's sleeping...easier to take a picture that way. It's hard to keep her still. This is usually her crashing from exhaustion.

I also decided to put making my own cupcake liners on my to do list. I will post up my results once I get crackin' on that.
Tomorrow is also my boyfriends brothers Birthday and I was just made aware that I will be baking chocolate fudge cupcakes for him. Good thing I love baking so much!

Lastly, I would like to get a following going, so if you like my blog sign up for my email notification. Also, if you have your own blog, post it in the comments and I'll post a link to it on my site. I'll scratch your back if you scratch mine yo!


Cheers,

Jen






Comments:

Post a Comment

Free Blog Template by June Lily