Pages

Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Dirty 30

Well today my boyfriends bro turns 30! It really doesn't faze him though.
Men don't usually have to do much as they grow older, but us women have to dye our hair, make sure we're moisturising every inch of our body and wear a bra 24/7 so our boobs don't fall to the floor anytime soon. Yay womanhood!

So I threw on my other Johnny Cupcakes shirt (ya I'm a Johnny addict...but I promise I won't be wearing one tomorrow...I haven't recieved that free shirt yet from my previous post) turned on some music and started baking. I was doing what was making me happy!


The bf told me just to use a boxed brownie mix with the icing that comes with...errr....borrrrringgggg.
So, I had some caramel squares put them into the middle of the brownie mix before throwing them into the oven. I wanted to nix out the chocolate fudge icing that comes with the box and made buttercream. But instead of leaving it as is, I shaved some chocolate and mixed it up with the buttercream. When the bf got home he insisted on taste testing one because there was an uneven number of cupcakes. That's the general rule right? Or has he been fooling me all along?
Anyways, apparently they tasted amazing! I love taking something so bland and turning it into something so yumdillyumcious!


They look better than the picture seems to show.

I wanted to make fondant decorations but I didn't have enough time. Boo.

So, we headed out to the bf's parents for the Birthday dinner.
Of course Bella love car rides. It seems like she's always in her element. You can tell in the picture that this is where she wants to stay!


Check out the cake below that my bf's mom made for his bro!
I've learnt alot from her about fondant and buttercream.
 She's the greatest!

This guy has a HUGE collection of Coke memorabilia & even wore
his Coke top we got him for Christmas.

Well, I'm off to bed folks.
Remember link me and I'll link you back YO!
Plus don't forget to sign up for email notification when I make a new entry in my blog.

Cheers,
Jen







2 comments:

  1. Wow! Sounds awesome! I love anything with caramel in it.
    How do I get a free Johnny Cupcakes shirt (or were you kidding)? My birthday's coming up and I need one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. I was kidding! But I do wish I could somehow get sponsored! lol
    The first post where I talked about Johnny Cupcakes I linked it to the site. They have a ton of great tops! I wanna buy a tank for the summer! Post a link here if you find a fave! Enjoy & Happy Easter!

    Cheers,
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete

Free Blog Template by June Lily