Pages

Monday, April 09, 2012

Guess who's back? Back again!

If you didn't already get it, I just referenced a good old Eminem song! Why? Cause I'm in a crappy mood from a weekend away (that really should gone smashingly well, besides the HUGE amount of pain I was in) and feel like blaring some angry Eminem song right about now!
But.........I think I will take heed and follow the lovely advice "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all!"

So, today is going to be a picture post, except for the cupcake recipe that I wanna share with you afterwards!

Notice a smidgen of icing on Bella's lip? Ya...she was helping Mommy!

My love bought me a GREAT cupcake/cake carrying case! Now I won't have to get
creative on packaging cupcakes anymore!
O-M-G! I'm actually scared right now! He lives!
(IF you are a MJ fan and find this offencive...IN YO FACE)

Almost like a Glamour Shot eh?



Bella's first encounter with the turtles from Turtle Island!


d
I get that dogs sniff other dog's butts to say "Hey...how you doin'?"
But is it also customary for turtles?


Bella chillin' by the lake! That's how she rolls!



Alrighty then. I made some really amazing cupcakes Friday, before we headed out to the cottage.
I've made this recipe before but none of the family has gotten a chance to taste how great they really were. It was all just a myth till this weekend. Well there were no left overs...just sayin'!


Apple Cupcakes

1 1/2 cups Granny Smith (apples peeled and grated)
1 1/4 cup of all purpose flour
3/4 cups granulated sugar
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 large eggs
1/2 cup of vegetable oil
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract

1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Insert liners into the cupcake pan.
2. Combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
3 Add the eggs, oil, vanilla and the grated apples to the dry mixture until fully integrated.
4 Fill the cupcake liners with the batter. Bake for 20 - 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of the cupcakes come out clean.
5. Cook the cupcakes and Ejoy!

Maple Cream Cheese Frosting

One 8 ounce package of cream cheese at room temperature
6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) of unsalted butter at room temperature
3 cups of confectioners sugar
Add 3 tablesoons of maple syrup (I add more usually)

1. Cream together the cream cheese and the butter with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth.
2 Slowly sift in the confecttioners sugar and continue beating.
3. Mix until fully inegrated.
4. Add maple syrup, then mix again utill you have desired taste.


Well peeps, I hope you give that recipie a try! It's a fave so far! I love love love mixing flavors together! I'm gonna have to get creative again and try something new...hmmm...or try a fave on Pinterest! Remember...follow me and I'll follow you on your blog!
Good Night!

Cheers,
Jenny

Comments:

Post a Comment

Free Blog Template by June Lily